Monday, June 29, 2009

On The Move Now

After my first 18 days in Peru I have been able to get a good idea of what one very small town on the coast is like. Rising at dawn to surf and kite everyday is not a bad existence! However, Peru has much more to offer than wind and waves. I will definitely be back to get the w´s again. I did learn a good lesson in camping while in Lobitos. Never leave your tent open when the surf camps pet dog has fleas! I thought it would be nice to listen to the waves and have some fresh air during our first nights stay directly on the beach. So I left my tent open, oblivious to the fact that the flying flea circus would be visiting that night. I woke up around 2 AM itching like crazy! At the time I though that I had just been biten by a bunch of misquitos in the night and quickly shut my tent to keep them out. It wasnt until two days later that I put two and two together when a fellow camper mentioned that the flea infested perro liked to snuggle up to unsuspecting campers who left thier tents open. But thats the fun in traveling you see! New experiences. Getting attacked by fleas, and ailments of travlers sickness on 18 hour bus rides are just a few of the fun things that go on! Now its time to have more adventures and check out the rest of this very diverse country. Tonight I am getting Sarah from the airport and we are heading to Arequipa where there are the world´s deepest canyons. From there we will head to Lake Titicaca, possibly the Bolivian salt flats, and then on the Cuzco for Machu Pichu. The pics are of Lobitos and Pacasmayo where I was kiting and surfing. The little car is called a Moto and they are quite fun to see how many people and bags you can manage to fit in them! Record for the trip so far was 5 people (including driver) and 4 surfboards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt realize you were such a dog lover! Jazz does miss you!DAD

Unknown said...

sounds like a blast when well we see you back in tampa ?? been missing you the summer here as actually been really good here ive been riding my 10m uhem cough cough 10m sb3 bar cough cough sorry about lol na but seriously its been a great summer cant wait to see you