Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More wind and waves!!!

I have not written in the last week because I have been staying in the small beach town of Lobitos. Lobitos consists of about 800 people and seems to be a town that time forgot. There is no internet, the lights sometime go out and as of now the water stopped working. But I love it! I have been staying in a house near the beach where I surf in the morning and kite in the afternoon. I don´t need much more than that in my life! Although I am looking forward to meeting Sarah in Lima and exploring everything else Peru has to offer. Check out my location on the google map link from my first post and you can see how isolated Lobitos is. I will probably stay here until I head to Lima to get Sarah this weekend. I find that it is always nice to take your time and not visit a new place everyday. I know most of the town by now and I am beginning to feel comfortable there. Although more than 3 weeks in Lobitos mights make anyone staying there a little loco! No hay nada in Lobitos! But thats cool because they have the wind and waves of course. Thats what keeps me going to crazy places and lugging my kites and surfboards around the world! The things we do for what we love!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds great to me as I slave over my computer and clients every day! ;-) Glad you savoring the peace and solitude. Miss you and love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

The new Zen master! Its been hot humid and the wind has been cranking here in the land of the sunshine. Of course stress is abundant in the country, global warming is melting everything but the deficit, unemployment is on the rise, and on and on you can go. Wouldnt you rather be here. Love Dad