Monday, July 21, 2008

Wanted: Travel Partner

Kyle left two nights ago to return to Florida. Funds were running low so it was time for him to go back to reality. I don't speak for Kyle, sometimes Kyle doesn't speak period, but if I had to guess I would say he had a great time. It was nice to share some amazing experiences with my brother. He returned in one piece and niether of us gave each other black eyes. Based on these facts I would say it was a success traveling together. Now he is going to serve tables so he can save up beer money for when school starts. Just kidding Mom. The money is for textbooks and study guides ; ) Now I am staying at a friends house outside of Tel-Aviv. Thursday I am going with my kiteboarder friend Dan to the Kinneret for some riding over the weekend. Friday I turn 22 so it should be fun celebrating it with some time on the water. It's all downhill from here. 21 was my last significant birthday. Yeah, I'm 21, now I can get into bars! 22 doesn't have much significance besides that it is the first time I've had an age with two of the same numbers in it since I was 11. Thats pretty cool.....I guess. Once I turn 111, now that will be a milestone. Triple 1's ! Anyway, today I got my visa for Egypt. Next week I am going to Cairo to see what those large triangles in the desert are all about. I have a friend who is a pro tennis coach working in Cairo . I will go stay with him and tour around and then head torwards the Red Sea for some kiteboarding. After that I think I will go around the Sinai Peninsula sightseeing. The southern end is home to some of the best coral reefs in the world so I definitely can't pass that up. I have 4 weeks left and I'm going to do my best to see as much as I can.

5 comments:

Mom said...

So.......if you can't find a decent job working as an anthropologist, you can always be a comedian. ;-) Sounds as if you are still having a blast. When asked about the trip, Kyle said ,"It was awesome!" - guess that means he enjoyed it. Worst part was getting there and getting home. Kyle landed at JFK from Tel Aviv at 6:00 am., missed his flight to Tampa, spent 15 hours at JFK waiting to get another flight, and an additonal three outside the terminal sitting on the tarmac waiting to take off before landing in Tampa at 1:30 a.m. the next morning. He was a little tired out and said that he wishes you could have been there with him. Have a good week. We'll celebrate your birthday on Friday and think of you with love as always, Mom

Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you........
Happy Birthday to you........
Happy Birthday dear Chase...
Happy Birthday to you......
Shalom.....
We'll be thinking of you sweetie!
Much love always, Mom

Mom said...

Yom hu׳le׳det sa׳mei׳ax!

Unknown said...

CHASE!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
hav fun celebratin ur birthday israel style!! hahaaa
sounds like u havin a blast... so hope u keep havin fun!!

be good
n see ya soon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

happy b day bro! get some riding in for me.

-JoshM sunset beach