Sunday, July 27, 2008

To The Pyramids!!!


Just got back from the Kinneret where I was kiteboarding for the last three days. It is a beautiful place to ride. Any place that the wind blows everyday is good! My kite has been giving me problems so hopefully I will have it fixed before I leave for Egypt Monday night. I am going to take the midnight bus from Tel-Aviv to Eilat Monday night. I will arrive around 6 AM and then take a taxi to the Taba border crossing. At the border I am planning on meeting up with a friend of a friend who is also traveling to Cairo. It is not the safest place for girls to travel by themselves so she will tag along for the ride. The bus from the border leaves at 10 and is supposed to arrive in Cairo around 5. Wednesday I am planning on touring the pyramids and Thursday the Cairo Museum. I will be staying with my friend Bill in Cairo. Bill is a professional tennis coach who recently took a job there running a tennis academy. He is coaching a player in the olympics this year. Pretty cool....I know Bill from St. Pete where we kiteboarded together. Friday morning we are driving 3 hours to Ras Sadr Egypt to do some riding. After that it is pretty much up in the air. I might stay and kiteboarder in Ras Sadr for a couple of days or go back to Cairo and tour around some more. No set plans. Also, I am planning on relaxing in Sinai again before my trip is over. The picture above is of Ras Sadr where I will be riding....Looks nice!!!

No comments: