Monday, July 28, 2008

Things Don't Always Go As Planned

Well, I'm leaving to go to Egypt in a couple of hours. However, a few things have changed. Bill is not going to be in Cairo because of something that came up with one of the tennis tournaments. This is not a big deal as I can just stay in a hostel. So today I pretty much spent all day researching the different accomidations and tours available for Egypt. After a day I feel like I got nothing done. There are about a million choices!! I think I will just end up booking a tour when I arrive in Cairo. I don't know if you have ever heard of the burden of choice, but I'm feeling it right now! Sometimes it is easier when there are fewer options. My kite will not be repaired on time so I will not be kiting in Egypt. Kind of sucks, but I could have far worse problems then a broken kite : )....Trying to be optimistic!!!....But sometimes....I mean I brought all 30+ pounds of kiting gear halfway around the world then bought another kite in Isreal for $500 (which broke after using it twice) and have not really kited more than 5 days. More hassle than it is worth!!! But sometimes we do things out of love or passion that we cannot explain. I love kiteboarding, and this time she broke my heart! Oh well, ancient Egypt will be amazing and instead of riding the wind on the water I will get to spend more time exporing whats underneath it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be nice experience(for)one day, for you to fall in love with a woman! You then Then you will learn how many more things in your life can be broken. So for now I agree that thankgoodness the only thing broken is your kite.
51%
DAD

Anonymous said...

dude u are a funny dude just getting caught up on the where in the world chase is

JKANG