Thursday, December 11, 2008

WINTER BREAK COSTA RICA STYLE!!!



The last time I wrote I had just returned from a great trip to the Middle East. It has only been a little over 3 months and I'm ready for new adventures. Kyle and I are heading to the Rich Coast o en espanol, Costa Rica BABY! I have always wanted to go there and I felt like now would be a good time. It was kind of a last minute thing. I started looking into flights last week and became frustrated when all of them were around $600, not what I was hoping for. After staying up way to late travelociting and orbitzing on the computer I decided to try one more time the next morning. Then it hit me, American Airlines Ft. Lauderdale to San Jose: $238...round trip! It was a sign from the travel gods! Kyle was not planning on going do to a lack of funds from late night partying and unpaid debts to a local mob boss. However, I convinced him to skip town with the financial help of a few of "my people" (Mom and Dad).  So now here I am writing on the eve of our trip to a motherland for surfing, rainforests and cerveza (beer). If you don't know any spanish, I think you will have a nice arsenal of slang by the time you are done reading my blog. We are leaving tomorrow and returning the 26th. While we are there we are planning on doing a lot of surfing and relaxing. Costa Rica is home to some of the worlds best tropical rainforests and surf....sounds like a good combination. Our first stop will be on the Pacific coast in a town called Manuel Antonio. The picture above is of Manuel Antonio National Park.  I will try to write everyday, however I may never leave the peeling surf for long enough to manifest more than a : ) So if you see that, you know its all good and we are living La Pura Vida! (The Pure Life, a common saying in Costa Rica) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo when u call me I was on an interview. It went really good. Hope u guys have a great time. By the way I got the connection in Sau Paolo brazil. Have fun


Eduardo