Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home Again

After 23 hours of travel time I arrived back in Atlanta. Not quite home, but close enough. Mom picked me up from the airport around 3 P.M. and by 5 I was back on the road again. We were heading to the Blue Ridge Mountains to visit Grandma Deenie and Grandpa John. Kyle, Morgan and the whole gang are in full force here. Bar-B-Q, Wal-Mart, and country folk certainly makes me feel a long way from where I spent my last two months. My experiences in Israel and Egypt are memories that I will never forget. It is truly facinating to have a first hand look at one of the worlds most historically rich and politically charged regions. I definitely feel like I became more Jewish after living in the Jewish State. Not necessarily more religous, but a deeper connection with the Jewish people. I felt at home when I was in Tel-Aviv or any of the other Israeli cities. I will definitely be going back to Israel in the future. As for Egypt.....I can't really say much. I mean the pyramids! Who doesn't dream of going to see the pyramids? It was a truly surreal experience touring all of the ruins of ancient Egypt. I would recommend anyone to go and see them sometime during thier lives. Make sure you take the donkey ride above the Valley of the Kings if you go! I really enjoyed writing my entries during this trip. They give me an opportunity to reflect on what I am going to do and what I have done. In between now and my next adventure I will be completing my final year of college. I will tentatively graduate in May with a degree in Anthropology. After that, I really don't know. Definitely some more traveling. Then I will just take it from there. Opportunities arise, friendships are forged. Its not what you know, but who. However, what I know is also very important. And there is one thing that I am sure of. Everything will work itself out. A positive outlook can do amazing things for yourself. So stay positive and stay tuned to find out where in the world I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its been a joy reading your words and sharing adventure. You will have so many more experiences to enjoy as you travel the road of life. Lastly I want to tell you I love you.
DAD