Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our First Surf Contest

Kyle and I have been doing the usual. Wake up for a pre dawn session, eat , surf again, repeat until sunset. Today the local surf shops were putting on a surf contest for anyone who wanted to give it a shot. Me, Kyle and two friends of ours that we have been surfing with decided to enter. I was in the first heat of the day. I found myself really excited and kind of nervous to be competing in my first surf competition. The heat was 20 minutes and I caught about 5 waves. The thrill of paddling against 4 other surfers going for the same wave definitely brought out my competitive side. I was tempted to tackle a few of them off of thier boards. Win by any means necessary! However, tackling is for football so I just tried my best. I was pretty happy with my performance, placing 4th in the mens open longboard division. Kyle was trying to tell me that it was because there were only 3 other competitors in my division, but I´ll think what I want. Kyle and the other guys competed in the open shortboard division and came out the same as me. Although I wanted to win, it was more about having a good time and trying something new. I think that when we try new things it breathes life into us. When was the last time you tried something that put you out of your normal comfort zone? I´m not saying go and do something crazy and dangerous, just something you would not normally do. It can be something as simple as reading a type of book that you would not normally pick up, or crossing off something on you ¨things to do before I die¨list. Life is about our different experiences over the years. Don´t leave that list or new opportunity sitting there. Carpe Diem, Viva La Vida, Sieze the Day! My camera won´t hook up here, but I´ll be sure to put of pictures as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right life is all about accomplishing your BUCKET LIST!!!

Anonymous said...

NO BUCKET LIST ... IS ABOUT LIVING LA VIDA.. RIGHT CHASE? YOU ARE TO HEALTHY.. KEEP BEING HEALTHY!!