Monday, August 4, 2008

Donkey Time!






We woke up at 5:30 this morning and crossed the Nile for some donkey trekking. I got to say that riding a donkey is a whole lot more exciting and adventerous than it sounds. Those little guys are strong animals. We took them through the sugar cane fields by the river up to the first ridge of the Nile Valley. We had amazing views of The Valley of The Kings and Hatchupsut Temple. It was one of the best experiences I've had in Egypt. Nothing compares to riding a donkey galloping at 15 mph, the wind in your hair with ancient ruins all around. But seriously, it was awesome. I got to go because we are about to get our 17 hour bus to Dahab. Wish me luck : ) My donkies name was William Shakespear and he was a BEAST!! Hauled all 200 lbs of me up a mountain! Check him out!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Pretty amazing stuff! - got your message - sorry I missed your call. I know you are probably bored to tears and dying to get back home ;-) 10 more days honey - make the most of them......Love ya, Mom