Tuesday, April 28, 2009

4 Years Ago.....

4 years ago I had just signed a basketballl scholarship to attend The University of Loyola, New Orleans. A little Hurricane named Katrina came along and changed my plans before I could even go to orientation. I ended up at Eckerd College in Saint Petersburg, Florida. Later that year I learned to kiteboard and the rest is history! Two years of collegiate athletics was enough for me, not to mention I had a severe wind addiction. USF St. Pete was a great alternative just 10 minutes from Eckerd. As I write this I am pretty much a college graduate. Well.....technically not yet, but I have all of my requirments fullfilled. I am in no rush to join the "real world" so I am prolonging my student status for as long as possible. I did not apply for graduation even though I can very well get my piece of paper. This way I can extend my college life and not have to start payments on my student loans. I am not just trying to become a college bum, despite what may appear to be a blatant attempt to work the system and live off of Mom and Dad. Number one, Mom and Dad have long since disowned me......monetarily. Secondly, I have some big plans. Not sure exactly what they are, but the future looks promising! This past weekend I went on a day trip to the Keys for some kiteboarding with a former student I taught. This could be the start of something very cool. The adventure travel/sports market is something I have always had a desire to be involved with. Check out the video for an idea of my kind of day trip. In the mean time I have to move out of my apartment and get ready for a busy May. I am planning on going to see a space shuttle launch, compete in an adventure race, visit my friend Eduardo in Wisconsin, find some temporary jobs, and plan the rest of my life outside of school! Should be interesting! I'll be sure to keep you updated as to which country I'm in and where I'm heading along the way. Let the journey continue........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soon you will be either old enough, traveling so much or making so much that I can drop your van insurance! yea DAD