Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hellogoodbye


Last week was pretty crazy here in the Tampa Bay area. The Super Bowl came to town and took over! The whole week was one party after another. Anyone involved will tell you that you can easily forget that there is a game on Sunday! I came down with some sort of flu-like sickness for the better part of the madness. In a cough medicine induced haze I went to Tampa to watch the game with my best friend Eduardo. The game was great and exciting, every part of the bowl lived up to its super-ness. Eduardo left yesterday to start his first job out of college. He will be interning with the Milwaukee Brewers as an advanced scout. Guys don't generally get too emotional around each other. We said goodbye and that we would see each other soon enough. Eduardo and I are more like brothers than friends. I pretty much talk to him everyday. I think that I am just now starting to realize I won't be seeing him as often as usual. This is life isn't it? A series of hello's and goodbye's. New people come in and out of our lives all the time. It is the few that stick around that we must not forget. Family and friends are at the top of this list. I won't see him but we will still talk everyday. It is important to maintain these relationships. In life, if we don't have others, what do we have? If you are not talking to someone for one reason or another, think about why. Is it really worth it? 9 times out of 10 the answer is probably no. So give an old friend a call or stay in touch with a new one. When I am old I want to judge the value of my life not by my car or house, but by the friendships I formed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some time that old friend can be your DAD! After all he is like that old worn out shoe that you hate to get rid of.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the note man, you almost made my cry (No Homo!!!), but I'm not going to becuase you still my brother and best friend and we always be in touch.