Sunday, June 22, 2008

Getting Organized

Now the real fun begins! The birthrite part of the trip was absolutely amazing. We saw as much as one could possibly see in the ten days that we toured Israel. Each day we were up by 7 and visiting sites until sunset. It was very tiring, but an amazing experience. Last night we took the train from the airport to Tel-Aviv where we stayed with one of my friends roomates from college. His apartment is really small, but its two blocks from the beach so its all good. Today we are just relaxing and planning our next move. I am talking with one of the Israeli kiteboarders about getting an apartment on the Sea of Galilee for the next month. That will be our homebase and we will just take it from there. I have not been able to find a computer that has a connection for my sim card, so I can't upload any pics. However, some of the kids that returned to the states yesterday have a lot of pictures that they are going to send me. I will be sure to put them up as soon as I recieve them. I havn't really talked about the food that we are eating. You see, I love hummus. Israelis have hummus at breakfast, lunch and dinner. So I am pretty much in hummus heaven! The other foods are really good also. Shwarma is much like a gyro that can be found pretty much everywhere. Many different types of salads are also eaten with all of the meals. As for the language.....it is hard! We can kind of read hebrew, but that doesnt do us much good. Almost everyone speaks english, but it's always nice to try to learn the native tongue. I know some of the basics, toda (thank-you), Sababa (cool/its all good/no worries...). Hopefully we will be able to expand my vocabulary by more than a few words by the time we leave. Kyle doesnt want to write anything because he is short on words. So I will say for him, he is also having a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kyle, you better not want to say something because you are so speechless..... or is it just because you dont want everyone to know that i am a better wortter than you!