Monday, January 26, 2009

Notes From Home

In the past I have only written in this blog while traveling abroad. I feel like there are a lot of cool things going on in my life right now and I want to share them. Two weeks ago I went down to the Florida Keys to work with Greenpeace on their New President, New Policies campaign. Myself and three friends were going to try to break the world record for distance kiteboarding non-stop. The current world record is 144 miles, we were going for 200. The wind did not cooperate for a record attempt, however we still got some great riding in. I will be posting a video of our riding in the crystal clear waters of Islamorada ASAP. We are currently in a holding pattern waiting for the next good weather forecast to complete our journey. Now that I am writing the blog from home you will get a pretty good idea of the fact that my life is controlled by wind!! I will tell you that I have loved only a handful of women in my life. At 22, I guess a handful is a lot. My mom, sister, grandmothers, and aunt are at the top of my list. I know what your thinking, they are all related to you! True, but I love them. However, there is one that I can really never get over. I knew her pretty much my whole life. It wasn't until I got to college that I really had the guts to really "use" her. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm talking about Mother Nature....lol. She provides the wind that I so desperately need in my life. Kiteboarding is obviously a wind driven sport. Without wind, I don't fly. Since I learned to kiteboard I have been obsessed with the wind. Every kiteboarder is. How many of you check current wind data and wind reports 3 to 5 times daily? Unless your a kiter, the answer is probably zero. If you do ride, the answer might be even more. So when you start to notice that I have not made a post in a while it is probably because I am either riding my face off or pulling my hair out in a lack-of-wind craze. So I've told you every woman I have ever loved on the first day of blogging from home. At this rate you should be completely inside my head by the end of the month! Hope you enjoy and stay tuned for much more. Below is a video of my first trail of Kite Cam. Check out my links, pics, and video's that I'll be posting periodically.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chase as I approach the mid century mark my gaining Experiences is starting to slip by. Experience is making mistakes and then learning from them. Now I am starting to gain Wisdom. Wisdom is growing old and telling people about your mistakes! Add as much experience as you can because before you know it you will be full of wisdom too!
Lastly with my wisdom I will pass on the 4- most important rules to live by:
1. ALWAYS HAVE FUN
2. HAVE NO REGRETS OF
3. DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF
3. EVERYTHING IS SMALL STUFF
DAD

Water Monkey said...

Thanks Pops!! Your getting old man!!Age is nothing but a #!!